Waltham Forest 0-0 Chatham Town

On a sunny day the last game of the season at Cricklefield, we had high hopes of a win to finish the season off.

It certainly looked better with both teams putting pressure on the defences and early on Waltham Forest got a free kick outside the box but this came to nothing, shortly after Chatham got a free kick with a good kick placing a cross in the box near the goal but again with no clear chance.

However another chance soon appeared for Chatham as an Austin Gacherv header came off the right side of the bar. Good pressure from Waltham forest returned as a ball from captain and midfield dynamo Luke Stanley passed straight into Jack Leachman’s feet, though his shot went over the bar.

On 17 minutes Forest got another corner and from that Lee Hales cross for Garry Tilley resulted in the ball clearing the bar.

On the stroke of half hour there was a chance by Rodrigue Ndiane but it was well saved by Cain Davies in the Forest goal who looked good all afternoon.

Just before the half time Arian Retkoceri and Matt Waldron both received yellow cards and to end it Chatham had a corner from the left however the score at half time was 0-0 .

There continued to be a great amount of pressure from both teams but nothing to find the opening goal of this high tempo game.

After 70 minutes we had a 3rd yellow card for the home team with Tom Vickers shown it by the referee, the resulting free kick was taken quickly but Cain Davies reactions were electric as he pushed the ball away once more.

On 80 minutes the 1st sub of the game with Rodrigue Ndiane and Tom Malyon coming on 2 minutes later Forest had a free kick from the left hand side but again no final touch as we entered into the last 5 minutes of this game, Forest made a sub with captain Luke Stanley coming off and Chris Taylor coming lealving Manny Sackey to pick up the skipper’s armband.

In the last few minutes Chatham had a shot from Gacherv that really should have been put away but again was saved thanks to Cain Davis and as we looked at our watches for the final whistle another sub for Forest this time Manu Dagher came off and on came Wiasiu Olowolekomoh.

At that point both teams were trying to find a winner but the final score was 0-0. An end to end match was an excellent way to close the season.

Report by Peter Willoughby. Photos to follow.

Other Articles

Club News