We’re taking a look back at the 2017-18. Click here for July – September, or pick up with October below.


October was a torrid month for Forest, playing four and losing four in the league. In two results which could have had a huge effect on the end of the season, Burnham Ramblers hammered us 6-2, and we didn’t turn up against a resurgent Stansted, and were easily beat 3-1. In between was a more positive but ultimately fruitless 2-0 defeat to Great Wakering Rovers.

There was an impressive performance in the Essex Senior League cup however, as a brace a piece from Mo Sagaf and Abiola Tanimowo and a goal from Azhad Masoud made it two wins in two against Woodford Town, with nine goals scored.

The month ended with an insipid 3-0 defeat to Enfield.

Off the field, the club were dealt a devastating blow when Chairman Turgut Esendagli sadly passed away following a period in hospital.


The month started with Woodford Town got their revenge on Forest for two heavy defeats with a 3-1 victory. This was the last of a run of eight league games without a win to an end, and it looked like Forest had turned a positive corner as two goals in the last ten minutes helped Forest come back from a goal down to win 2-1 at Barkingside.

Things reached breaking point off the field, as Turgut’s passing began to effect the club’s finances. The ‘Save Our Club’ campaign was launched, helping the club raise enough money to see us through a difficult through months. We are again very thankful to all those who came to our aid, especially the Leyton Penannt and Waltham Forest legends sides, and the Clapton fans who attended some of our home games in great numbers.

A last minute equalizer was conceded against Hullbridge sports but this was followed up with a stunning 2-0 win over Takeley at Wadham Lodge. Abiola Tanimowo put Forest ahead in the first half, and despite Takeley hitting the woodwork twice, a 98th minute goal from Mo Sagaf secured the points.

Better was to come as the hotly-fancied Redbridge were put to the sword in the Gordon Brasted Trophy, with Forest winning 2-1.


A wet December started with an impressive 4-1 victory over Tower Hamlets, but Forest were soon brought back down to earth, losing 2-0 to Ilford in the Gordon Brasted Trophy. The year was ended with a drab 1-1 draw away to Hackney Wick, in a game which Forest were lucky to get anything out of. Mo Sagaf again saved Forest’s blushes with a cross-shot which crept in.