League fixtures – what a mess

Home Forums The Stags Messageboard League fixtures – what a mess

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Charlie Ward
    Participant

Fixtures just out – we have six away games on the trot – then we have, not surprisingly, a handful at home – what a nonsense

Does the fixture Secretary not have the appropriate software to plan out these games – if not, perhaps the League fees and fines, eventually paid by Ilford should be used to buy some

Whilst on a rant – it has always amazed me that we never play friendly games against teams from our own division (nor do anyone else) – why ?

Surely not for a psychological advantage to the winner, as when the clubs eventually meet, you will be lucky if 50% of the teams lining up will mirror those starting in the friendly

If it’s a case of fearing a player will play well and be “taped up” by a Divisional rival, it happens anyway , as it does when we play local clubs from other Divisions/Leagues

I am not saying necessarily go out to get matches against teams in the same division, but, if it is a choice between a game against say, Redbridge, or a trip to Clacton or a team in Kent or Surrey where we have the joys of the M25 to contend with, I know which one I would prefer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.