Out of the cup

Home Forums The Stags Messageboard Out of the cup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charlie Ward
    Participant

Lost on penalties tonight after a 1-1 draw against ten men
    In all the years I have been watching us play, I don’t think we have ever won a penalty shoot out – certainly not for the first team – the only shoot out I can remember us winning was a reserve cup game against Clapton – so our appalling record continues, still at least we didn’t lose the game in normal time – better than Saturday

Forest Ranger
    Participant

Trouble is, in the 2nd half when we had 11 men against 10 they had the best chances to score 3 or 4 times – in fact we didn’t create 1 chance in the 2nd half -their keeper must have fallen asleep ! They harried and closed us down at every opportunity unlike Forest. They were lucky with their goal however -their number 9 blatantly diving without being touched to gain their penalty.

Forest Ranger
    Participant

Just seen report of match on web-site and am amazed – I must have been at entirely different match ! – it is pure fiction to say Forest dominated second half ! – we created zilch and we were outfought and wadham created several clear cut chances and if they had had a forward who could put the ball in the back of the net would have won 4 or 5 one. As I said earlier, can’t remember their keeper having to make one decent save in the 2nd half.

Forest Ranger
    Participant

My apologies to reporter! – have just re-read report and seen it was Wadham who dominated 2nd half not Waltham . My error!

Charlie Ward
    Participant

I think the problem we have currently is two fold

Players need time to adjust at this level and most of our players have zero experience – even their side had a couple of players who have some experience in the Ryman league, so had more experience than us
    We will need time to get things right and for the players to “grow” into this level.

I still think that we are making too many changes and that cannot help settle the side down – we need stability in the side and that can only come from keeping a settled side – I am being a bit controversial here, but, I would have said that by now and having used well over 20 players in the starting line up already, the manager should know by now, what his strongest side is and allowing for injuries and suspension, should be playing it.

If he doesn’t, then I think he should be worried, I know I am, if that is the case

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.